Monday 30 December 2013

Looking Towards 2014

Sorry for not posting on here for a while. Life at school and home has been pretty busy. With the new year coming up, I have decided to look back on 2013 and use this year's experience to figure out how to approach 2014. This year has been hard and I'm excited to start fresh!

Firstly, I'm so glad to be finished with the 1st semester of my 3rd year in university. It went by so quickly! It was also kind of difficult. I've been doing some planning and getting organized for next semester so that I can stay on top of things and reduce stress. I loved my classes this semester, except for one, and I'm so excited for my classes next semester! 

I'm also going to have 10 new piano students this semester because another piano teacher is retiring and those students need a new teacher! My total piano students will now be 16 students! I'm so excited to start working with them, especially since they are in different books and are at different levels. I am ready for the challenge! I'm also planning on having a piano practice schedule for myself so that I will practice more and advance more towards the piano exam that I have been working towards for the past few years.

I'm also planning on doing more fitness related things. I love exercising and being active! There's a free yoga class offered at my university two days a week so I'm planning on attending it. I love meditating and stretching so yoga should be fun! I also want to use my university's pool because we have to pay a gym fee in our tuition which gives us access to the gym and pool so I might as well use it! Plus, I like swimming. I also want to start jogging in the mornings and taking brisk walks before class. I love mornings and moving around really wakes me up and helps me concentrate on whatever I need to do. 

Meditation was really helpful during exam time so I plan on meditating more this year too. I want to look into my mind and focus on becoming the person that I want to be. I want to concentrate more on the present and gratitude. All of this will help me towards living a positive life.

As for this blog of mine, I really want to continue it and make it better and better. I've realized that writing these sort of diary entry posts are easier to write so I want to continue writing them. Telling stories is a great way to get a point across so maybe I'll try telling stories rather than simply stating information. It's fun writing a blog and I'm always thinking of new things that I want to post here. I also want to change the look of my blog because I'm getting bored of the way that it looks right now. I'm going to make more of an effort to post here in 2014 and have fun doing it!

Well, here's to a great new year!
-Kaylie

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.