Thursday 18 July 2013

Positive Life: Inspirational Quotations

Here are some of my favourite quotations from movies, tv shows, and books! This collection of quotations is kind of like my own personal survival kit for life. There are quotations that help me through tough times, quotations that teach me, and quotations that just really make me think. If you like my little collection, you should try making your own! Write down your favourite quotations or type and print them out onto a piece of paper and stick it in your pocket, purse, wallet, suitcase, or backpack and carry it with you everywhere or put the page beside your mirror, on your bedside table, or somewhere you will see it! Use it during those tough times or when you just need a reminder of the quotations' messages! Enjoy!


Quotations that help me when I'm going through tough times in life or I just feel stuck:


"When you’re a kid, they tell you it’s all… Grow up, get a job, get married, get a house, have a kid, and that’s it. But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It’s so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better."

-Elton Pope 
Doctor Who, Season 2, Episode 10

"No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world."

-John Keating
Dead Poets Society

"At times the world can seem an unfriendly and sinister place, but believe us when we say there is much more good in it than bad. All you have to do is look hard enough, and what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events, may, in fact, be the first steps of a journey."

-Letter from the parents of the Baudelaire orphans
A Series of Unfortunate Events (Movie)

"One may tolerate a world of demons for the sake of an angel."
-Reinette
Doctor Who, Season 2, Episode 4


Quotations that describe who I am and what I think:


"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."

-Anne Shirley
Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery

"I have hated words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right."

-The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

"And though she be but little, she is fierce."

-Helena
A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare

"Dear old world," she murmured, "you are lovely, and I am glad to be alive in you."

-Anne Shirley
Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montegomery


Quotations that help me see all sides of situations and help me understand:

“I wanted to tell the book thief many things, about beauty and brutality. But what could I tell her about those things that she didn't already know? I wanted to explain that I am constantly overestimating and underestimating the human race-that rarely do I ever simply estimate it. I wanted to ask her how the same thing could be so ugly and so glorious, and its words and stories so damning and brilliant.” 
-The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

"It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more."

-Dumbledore
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling

"...understanding as had the ancients that angels and demons were identical - interchangeable archetypes - all a matter of polarity: the guardian angel who conquered your enemy in battle was perceived by your enemy as a demon destroyer."

-The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown


Thinking of the right words to change the world,

-Kaylie

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.