Tuesday 26 March 2013

My Favourite Web Comic: Girl Genius


Since my brother started reading a web comic, I decided to search for some web comics that I might enjoy reading and I came across one called Girl Genius! It is a web comic written by Phil and Kaja Foglio with drawings by Phil Foglio. They release a new page on the web every few days and they have lots of pages since they’ve been doing this for a while. They have also printed the comics into actual books that you can buy if you so desire. Information on purchasing the books can be found on the Girl Genius website. I really recommend reading their New Reader page before you start reading and if you want to know more information, check out their FAQ page. This web comic is recommended for teens and up because of some of the content. I really recommend that you start reading from the beginning and see if you’ll like it that way instead of me explaining it. If I were to simply describe it, I’m afraid that I might give away what happens. Also, you won’t really know if you like it if you never even see the beautiful illustrations. If you want to be able to follow along the story at all, you’ll have to start at the beginning because there is just so much to it. I will tell you this though: this web comic has a Victorian style steampunk theme and it has adventure, science, heroes and bad guys, mystery, and romance! Yes, it has all of that good stuff! Just read a few pages and you’ll probably get just as hooked on it as I am.

Happy reading!
-Kaylie

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.