Thursday 17 March 2016

My Go-To Feel Good Movies


Everyone has movies that they watch again and again and again. Because they love them. Because they never get tired of them. Because they make them feel good. I have a list of movies that I turn to when I need to feel better on a bad day. When I need some inspiration. When I need to watch something that makes me see that the world isn't such a bad place all because these movies exist. I just turn on one of my feel good movies and sit back and relax.

Maybe your list is different from mine. Maybe you like different genres, different stories, different characters. The movies I like are strange, interesting, unique, funny, happy, bright, and lovely. They let me live a different life for just a little while and that is a wonderful wonderful thing. Here is my list along with short descriptions of each film. Enjoy!

  • Moonrise Kingdom: A young orphan at a scouting camp falls in a love with his pen pal and they run away together.
Why I love it: It is fun and silly. It takes place in 1965 so you get a lot of vintage goodness and the story shows a beautiful story of young love.
  • Brave: A Scottish princess is being forced by her mother to be engaged and married but she is strong and wants to be in control of her own life.
Why I love it: I'm a feminist and I don't think that I'll ever get married so I can really relate to this character. Also, I just love her! She wants to take control of her own life and do what she wants, even if other people don't think that she should.
  • Splinterheads: A young man doesn't know what to do with his life until he falls in love with a splinterhead from a travelling carnival who loves geocaching and adventures.
Why I love it: I'm a geocacher so it's nice to see an awesome movie that has geocaching in it. The story is fun and it's just a really different movie with interesting characters.
Why I love it: This movie has awesome locations, especially the house! I love magic and the story focuses on women solving a big problem, so it's great!
  • Somewhere in Time: A man falls in love with a beautiful actress from the past so he travels back in time to meet her.
Why I love it: A sweet romantic story with time travelling is always interesting. Also, it was filmed at the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island in Michigan, where I actually stayed once (the photo at the top of this post is from the room that we stayed in).
  • Tuck Everlasting: A young girl falls in love with the youngest son of an immortal family.
Why I love it: It takes place in the early 1900s and addresses the question of whether someone would want to live forever if given the chance. I have read the book and there are some big differences but I still like both the book and the movie.
  • The Rocky Horror Picture Show: A newly engaged couple have car troubles but they find a mysterious mansion filled with strange people not knowing that the craziest things are about to happen.
Why I love it: It is a fun and crazy musical with amazing characters.

Cheers,
Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.