Monday 9 September 2013

Positive Life: Ideas for a Relaxing Sleep



We all want to have a great sleep, especially when the next day is filled with lots of activity. We want to wake up refreshed and ready to take on the day! Here are a few ideas for falling into a relaxing sleep and for using bedtime to reflect on your positive life.

-Spritz on some nice smelling body spray and rub some body lotion on your face and hands. For your hands, the best lotion to use is lavender because it's soothing and helps people sleep.

-Make sure you use a comfortable mattress along with comfy pillows and blankets. My mattress is old so I have a foam pad on it that makes it much more comfortable. I also use a feather pillow and several blankets which include a comforter, quilt, and fleece blanket because I get cold easily (even sometimes during the summer and especially during our cold Northern Ontario winters).

-Listen to rain sounds, other nature sounds, classical music, or soothing music to help you relax and fall asleep. I recommend a website called Rainy Mood for rain sounds.

-Meditate before you fall asleep (or maybe your meditation will even make you fall asleep) to relax and focus on your breathing.

-Think of the things that happened that day that you are grateful for and smile at the happy memories.

-Imagine yourself in your perfect relaxing place. For me, I like to picture myself in a forest with a waterfall and stream or in a beautiful giant library.

Sweet dreams!
-Kaylie

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.