Monday 11 March 2013

Tim Horton's Brier 2013 Recap


Team Northern Ontario won the 2013 Tim Horton’s Brier! I think that is the perfect way to begin my recap of the 2013 Tim Horton’s Brier which took place in Edmonton, Alberta. Gold was awarded to Team Brad Jacobs, silver to Team Jeff Stoughton who represented Team Manitoba, and bronze to Team Glenn Howard who represented Team Ontario. I am so happy that Northern Ontario won and I am happy that Team Ontario won a medal as well. As I mentioned in my previous blog post about the 2013 Tim Horton’s Brier, Team Jacobs and Team Howard are my favourite teams. If you are confused about there being two Ontario teams, it is because Ontario is big so they have a team for Northern Ontario (Team Northern Ontario) and a team for Southern Ontario (Team Ontario). Since they are both Ontario teams, I was cheering for both of them. It is really exciting that Northern Ontario won because Northern Ontario has not won the Brier since 1985 when it was won by Team Al Hackner. Team Jacobs played some good games and you can tell that they have really improved since previous Briers. They were so happy to win! Team Howard is a very skilled team (they won the Brier and the World Championship last year!) but this was just not their year for winning the Brier. They still did well though and I hope they win the qualifications to represent Canada in the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia. This Brier was very exciting and I look forward to watching Team Jacobs represent Canada in the Ford World Men's Curling Championship!

Check out the Ford World Men's Curling Championship website for more information.

-Kaylie


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.