Welcome everyone! Everyone has a different life. Nobody, really, has a perfect life but we must try our best to live a positive one. We must allow the positive thoughts into our minds and shut out the negative ones. We must keep a good attitude and try to see a good side to things. Most of all, we must always remember the secret to a positive life… gratitude! Gratitude will help you in your relationships with family and friends, your health, and everything you do. People will appreciate you more if you appreciate them and if you have a good attitude towards things. If you stay relaxed and happy, your body will function better as stress greatly affects health. Be grateful for the healthy parts of your body and you will relax so much more. If you are grateful towards things and keep good thoughts in your mind, you will see good things more and more. Our mind is very powerful and we are in control. We choose how we react and we choose our thoughts. Choosing to be happy and grateful for the things we have is so much better than being grumpy and angry so why not choose those good thoughts and feelings? Yes, bad things happen in our lives and it is not good to keep our anger bottled up but we can choose to accept things the way they are and move on with our lives.
Would you like to know some activities to help you practice gratitude? Here they are:
- Write a list of the things that you are grateful for. Your list can have as many things as you like and you can write as many lists as you like! You can write them every day, every week, or whenever you’re feeling down and need to cheer up. It’s completely up to you!
- Think of 3 things that you are grateful for every day and focus on each one for a little while thinking about why you are grateful for them. You could do this in the morning when you wake up or before you go to bed at night.
- Let the people who you are grateful for know that you are and maybe even tell them why! It will make both you and the other person feel great!
- Say thank you often!
Here’s a list of the things that I am most grateful for in no specific order. I just started writing my list and kept writing as things popped into my mind which is what you can do as well when you write gratitude lists. Here we go:
- My family
- My pets
- My ancestors
- My friends
- Music – My ability to play the piano and the flute
- Literature and writing
- A warm and safe home
- My health and all of the things that are helping me to stay healthy
- My mind
- My country
- Attending university